Chemineer Model 20 HT/GT with the RL-3 Ragless Impeller Creates the Ideal Wastewater Treatment Mixer
June 12, 2014
Combining the Chemineer® Model 20 HT/GT mixer with the Chemineer RL-3™ impeller creates the ideal mixer for wastewater treatment plant applications. The high-efficiency gearbox of the Model 20 and the unique characteristics of the RL-3 impeller work together to eliminate downtime and maintenance costs, increase performance and extend the service life of the agitator.
The Chemineer RL-3 ragless impeller is designed to prevent fibrous material build-up on the rotating impeller of the agitator. In blending and solids suspension applications where the fluid contains fibrous material, typically found in the wastewater treatment industry, the resulting build up on the agitator’s impeller can deteriorate performance, increase energy costs and even damage the gearbox bearings and gears causing costly repair.
The Chemineer RL-3 impeller:
- Easily retrofits to all brands of existing agitators
- Increases up-time of mixer and eliminates process modifications
- Provides safe and reliable operation
- Offers application versatility with a wide range of sizes and materials
- Is supported through Chemineer Express™ for sizing assistance as needed
The Chemineer Model 20 HT/GT mixers incorporate a modular design package that reduces the number of replacement parts that need to be carried in inventory by the customer. The wide range of speeds available provides improved process control and greater application versatility. The Model 20 HT/GT agitators are designed to meet AGMA, OSHA, ANSI, IEC, DIN, EU and ATEX standards and requirements.
Other features of the Model 20 include:
- High energy efficiency due to an optimized gear design and lighter weight extension shaft diameter
- Standard cast dry well seal eliminates lubrication oil leakage from gearbox – this design is superior to maintenance intensive, unreliable lip seals
- Reversible rotation to meet a variety of process requirements
- Reliable performance and long life resulting from the cast gearbox with heavy duty output shaft and bearings
- Extensive output speed range allows optimization of process and mechanical design
Chemineer impeller designs are the result of over six decades of research and applied application experience, resulting in the broadest range of durable and efficient impeller options for its agitators. Chemineer’s mixing expertise includes high flow, low shear liquid-liquid/solids blending, gas dispersion, high shear blending and viscous mixing.
NOV Mono is a division of National Oilwell Varco. It comprises a group of specialist companies offering progressing cavity pumps, artificial lift systems, industrial mixers, grinders, screens and aftermarket spares and services, across a broad spectrum of industrial sectors including water and wastewater, oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, food and beverage and agriculture. The company first began manufacturing progressing cavity pumps in 1935 and industrial mixers in 1952, so has a heritage of over 75 years that is built on world-renowned design, expertise and excellence. The division has over 1,600 employees and a genuinely global reach. NOV Mono has facilities around the world including Australia, New Zealand, USA, China, South Africa, France and UK, which are supported by a large network of international distributor partners.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
With its headquarters in Houston, TX USA, National Oilwell Varco has over 170 years’ experience as a leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the oil and gas industry. It has more than 100 subsidiaries and over 60,000 employees at over 1,000 sites around the world, plus annual revenues in excess of $20 billion.