PET Packaging Makers from Japan, Korea, Taiwan to Attend North Asia PET Summit
April 23, 2018
Plastic packaging makers from Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are set to attend the 3rd North Asia PET Markets, Applications & Recycling summit in Yokohama, Japan. The summit will be held June 7 to 8.
At the summit, Japan’s Suntory will introduce new products in polyethylene terephthalate and bio-based packaging. Another Japanese company, Jeplan, which pioneered the first PET chemical recycling technology, will demonstrate how it can close the loop for a circular economy.
Huvis Korea, which produces EcoPET, an eco-friendly material for food containers, will host a session called “Environmentally Friendly, Safe, and Convenient PET Foam Food Container.”
Taiwan’s Hon Chuan Enterprise, which makes packaging materials for beverages, will offer updates on the PET preform market in Taiwan.
The summit is organized by the Centre for Management Technology.
Other discussions include:
• Food Packaging Materials Regulations in North Asia –– Keller and Heckman
• Lightweight Approach to Packaging –– Ecolean
• Innovations in PET Shrink Film for Food Packaging –– Toyobo Co.
• Energy-Efficient Electron Beams Sterilization Systems for PET Bottle Before Filling –– Hitachi Zosen
• China Import Plastics Waste Ban & What’s Next (Including Initiatives to Solve Ocean Waste –– China Scrap Plastics Association
• Eco-Friendly and Recycled PET Fabric – Taiwan’s Perspective –– EcoMax Textiles
• PEF Polymerization and PEF Market Development for Packaging Industry –– Japan Synvina
For more information, visit www.cmtevents.com/aboutevent.aspx?ev=180619&pu=274944.