New Chemineer™ JT-2 Impeller Offers Superior Blending in Transitional Flow
January 7, 2016
The new Chemineer JT-2 Impeller has been developed for superior blending in transitional flow. Higher viscosity and non-Newtonian fluids make blending much more challenging. The new impeller is used after conventional turbines have lost efficiency due to viscous effects and before the need for close clearance impellers.
The design promotes blending by efficiently moving material in one direction in the center of the tank and the opposite direction on the outside of the tank. The increase in efficiency of this impeller comes from the improved flow pattern that greatly reduces recirculation zones that extend the blend times of other impellers. This flow pattern improves the top to bottom communication in the vessel.
- Up to 50% reduction in power draw for the same blending performance compared with completive impellers
- Significantly lower total machine cost compared to competitive designs
- Two bladed impeller for easy installation into vessels
- Design operates in either direction
- Impeller between 70% and 90% of the tank diameter for improved heat transfer
- Larger impeller diameter reduces the need for a close clearance impeller (Helix / Anchor) in the low transitional regime
- Food Applications
- Biopharma Applications
- Paint Applications
- Applications where heat transfer and blending are important
- High solid loading slurries
NOV is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Chemineer™, Kenics™, Prochem™, and Greerco™ are brands of NOV. Since 1952, the brands are at the forefront of fluid agitation equipment and systems providing technical expertise to customers in various industries worldwide. Expertise includes high flow, low shear liquid-liquid and solids blending, gas dispersion, high-shear blending, and viscous mixing. For more information, visit nov.com/mixing.