At NPE 2015, Elastocon to Highlight 5 New TPE Grades, Offers Industry Expanded Capacities
January 29, 2015
At their NPE 2015 booth #26043, South Hall, Level 1, Elastocon TPE Technologies will be featuring at least five of its newest grades. Elastocon officials also note that major production enhancements now enable this American-owned privately held TPE formulator to accommodate orders for the most demanding of applications from small bags to pellets in 1000 lb. quantities and beyond.
The announcements are intended to demonstrate how the firm, in continuing growth moves, can formulate thermoplastic elastomers for dozens of markets and products, in any quantities from large to small, serving markets that use TPEs for consumer and industrial products, medical goods, packaging, automotive, wire and cable sheathing, transportation products, pet toys, gaskets and seals, appliances, and power and kitchen tools, among others. Many grades can be overmolded as well as extruded and injection molded.
1. The new grades being highlighted in the Elastocon booth are:
- Elastocon CLR Series of clear grades offer the industry’s highest tensile and tear strength properties and a tactile finish. They are FDA Compliant and can be overmolded onto polypropylene and other materials, thus making them suited for medical applications and toys.
- Four new grades in the Elastocon 8000 Series of TPEs that can be overmolded, extruded, blow molded or compounded.
- 8150, a black 48 Shore A TPE with rubber-like properties providing a matte surface finish, making it suitable for consumer goods and industrial applications calling for UV stability. This TPE is suitable for automotive applications having just passed FMVSS302 specifications for flammability.
- 8078B is a black 82 Shore A TPE offering rubber-like properties and suitable for applications calling for UV stability.
- 8088N, a black 88 Shore A TPE for automotive applications having just passed FMVSS302 specifications for flammability.
- 8088BL is a colorable 88 Shore A grade that is FDA compliant and offers UV stability for applications calling for high impact resistance and a reduced coefficient of friction. This grade is also flame retardent, having recently passed FMVSS302, the specification for flammability for automotive interior applications.
2. Several new production lines have been added for manufacturing both custom and standard grades, with a laboratory featuring new test and development equipment and instrumentation.
Elastocon TPEs are phthalate and latex free, with many grades meeting FDA food contact requirements
Elastocon® offers high performance TPE solutions that are innovative and robust, designed to meet the toughest requirements of modern TPE designs. They are offered in seven product families: unfilled, filled, super clear, TPOs, oil free for medical use, flame retardant and special colorable ESD formulations.
For more information on Elastocon TPEs, visit: www.elastocontpe.com.