AGC to Showcase Fluoropolymer Solutions at International Plastics Exhibition
January 8, 2015
AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. will showcase its fluoropolymer solutions at NPE 2015, the world’s largest international plastics industry trade show, March 23-27 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fl. AGC engineers and technical sales team will be available to discuss applications for their wide range of fluoropolymer-based products at their new booth in the Hot Technologies Pavilion.
AGC’s technical solutions team will present a broad array of products featuring AFLAS® fluoroelastomers and Fluon® fluoropolymers. Representatives from AGC’s FluoroCompounds Group, which focuses on the development, production and marketing of fluoropolymer compounds, will feature high performance custom compounding solutions.
Featured products will include:
- Fluon Filled PTFE Compounds, which provide enhanced deformation and creep resistance, thermal conductivity and wear performance over traditional PTFE resins. They are used for applications such as seals, gaskets and other critical parts where mechanical strength, chemical resistance and lubricity are essential.
- Fluon Melt Processable Compounds, based on copolymer resins FEP, ETFE, PFA, PVDF, MFA or ECTFE, are important materials for parts and components used in automotive, industrial, aerospace, transit and appliance applications because they impart physical toughness and high resistance to heat and chemicals. AGC FluoroCompounds Group offers eight different types of melt processable compounds.
- Fluon PTFE and PTFE Micropowders are highly cost-effective materials and are the most widely used fluoropolymers in daily life. They are inert to most chemicals, heat and weather resistant, and have excellent insulation and lubricious properties. PTFE resins are typically used for stock shapes, wire insulation, coatings and more. PTFE Micropowders applications include additives to oils, greases, paints and coatings, and as thermoplastic compounding agents.
- Fluon ETFE and Low Melt ETFE resins are highly desirable materials because of their superior resistance to heat and chemical attack. They also hold up in extreme weather conditions and last for years with negligible deterioration effects. Fluon PFA is similar to PTFE, but can be processed using techniques such as injection or blow molding.
- AFLAS fluoroelastomers can be used in demanding applications found in the oil/gas, chemical processing, wire and cable, heavy equipment, food handling/pharmaceutical and automotive industries. They display outstanding resistance to heat, bases, many solvents, ozone and steam, and are engineered to thrive in harsh environments.
With more than 50 years of experience manufacturing, marketing and selling high performance fluoropolymer products, the company’s technical expertise and hands-on approach to solving application challenges allows AGC to develop custom fluoropolymer solutions for the most rigorous industrial needs. AGC enjoys an industry reputation as an innovative global supplier known for dependable service and delivery, with a strong commitment to safety, health and the environment.
About AGC Chemicals Americas Inc.
AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company Ltd., a $13 billion multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays and chemical products. The company was formed in 2004 through the merging of sister companies Asahi Glass Fluoropolymers USA and AGA Chemicals. Headquartered in Exton, Pa., AGC Chemicals Americas maintains manufacturing operations in nearby Thorndale, Pa., and warehouses located throughout North America. www.agcchem.com